Energy Performance Certificates


The Energy Act 2011 means that it will become unlawful to rent out business premises which do not meet a minimum level.  Energy Performance Certificates (EPC’s) are required when letting or selling commercial property (EPC).

When you are looking at a property, a guide called a EPC would be given to buyers or tenants. This would show the efficiency of a home users energy, what would be recommended to you to improve the energy efficiency of the property and the cost of running a home. This is free information that you should never be charged for but if you are, the landlord will be fined £200.

We can give further advice on energy efficiency at competitive fees.  James Horner is registered with Stroma to carry out EPC’s on retail, industrial and commercial property.